Auditions for Summer 2019
We will be holding auditions March 30-31, 2019 for Pericles and A Midsummer Night's Dream, to be presented in rotating repertory at Treman State Marine Park July 11-28, 2019.
See more about this summer's productions
- Rehearsals for summer 2019 are currently scheduled to begin on Monday, May 20, 2019. Each production generally rehearses 3 days per week.
- Rehearsals are typically held weeknights 6 or 6:30-9:30 pm and weekend afternoons 3-7 pm. Rehearsal times may be extended closer to performances. Individual schedules will vary depending on your role.
- While we can usually work around isolated schedule conflicts, accepting a role means that you agree to be mostly available at these times during the rehearsal period.
Audition Requirements and Information
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled audition time.
- If you haven't worked with us before, please bring a photo of yourself. Either a formal headshot or an informal snapshot is fine.
- Resumes are optional but helpful.
- Monologues are NOT required.
- You will be asked to read sides from one or more characters from the plays. You can view or print the sides by clicking on the links below.
- Auditions will be held at the Just BeCause Center, 1013 W. State St. See a map and directions here.
- All roles in both plays are open. Cross-casting may be considered for some roles, and ensemble or understudy roles may also be available.
- If you are unable to make any of the scheduled audition times, we can accept video submissions. Record yourself reading all the sides for your category, post the video on YouTube or elsewhere, and e-mail a link to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the last day of scheduled auditions.
- Most roles are cast without callbacks. If any callbacks are necessary, they will be held in the evening on Thursday, April 4.
Audition Sides and Audition Form
You will be asked to read selections from several characters for each of the plays you are auditioning for. You should generally be prepared to read any or all of the sides provided in the files below. The sides are not intended to cover all the roles available, but to let us hear you in a range of the types of roles that will be available.
View or print the sides for both plays here
You may also print and fill out the audition form ahead of time and bring it to the auditions with you:
View and print the audition form here
If you have any questions about auditions that are not answered above, or if you need to cancel your reservation, please email us.
Otherwise, click on the button below to sign up for an audition time!