EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
The Ithaca Shakespeare Company is seeking an Executive Director to begin work in March 2017. This is a full-time, grant-funded position.
The Executive Director will be the primary administrative leader of the organization, working side by side with the Artistic Director and reporting directly to the Board of Directors. The Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day administration of the organization and managing its operations in order to fulfill the organization's mission in accordance with its strategic plan. Key responsibilities include:
- Fiscal management of the organization:
- develop the annual budget and present it to the Board for approval
- work with the Artistic Director and Production Manager to develop budgets for individual productions and programs
- manage the organization's finances effectively in order to operate within the approved budget and maintain the organization in a positive financial position
- ensure all required reporting is completed accurately and on time
- Fundraising – improve the organization's financial resources by:
- applying for county, state, federal, and private foundation grants
- identifying and cultivating private donors and business sponsorships
- overseeing planning and execution of fundraising events
- developing and overseeing membership and/or subscription programs
- Supervise marketing interns and oversee marketing activities for the organization
- Oversee the expansion and development of the organization's education and community outreach programs
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors, and ensure the Board has all information needed to govern effectively
- Work closely with the Artistic Director and other staff to support and enhance the quality of the organization's artistic work
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in nonprofit arts management; familiarity with the principles and practices of nonprofit fiscal management, fundraising, and reporting; strong written and oral communication skills; the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of Board members, staff, and volunteers; and a strong commitment to the mission and continued growth of the organization. ISC values diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Cover letters and resumes should be emailed to email@example.com no later than March 3, 2017.